|Файл:New CCTV Monitor.png|
|Size||3×1 m (tiles)|
|Power Draw||0.2 Bars|
In order for a CCTV camera to work, a functioning CCTV Monitor must be present in the prison. CCTV Monitor must be constantly monitored by a guard. As of Alpha 20, guards will position themselves at a CCTV Monitor by themselves.
There is no current known limit to the amount of CCTV Cameras that can be linked to a Monitor. However only 8 cameras will be viewed on one monitor at a time. If more than 8 are connected, the monitor will rotate which cameras are being viewed by the monitor.
So, while it is possible to link more than 8 cameras to one monitor, the more you add the spottier the coverage will be as the guard can only view 8 cameras at any one time. If only 8 are linked, then they will be operational at all times. To ensure cameras are always being monitored with no down time ensure you have 1 monitor for every 8 cameras placed.
In order for a guard to voluntarily position themselves at a CCTV monitor they must have free time. Guard assignments for deployment and patrols are assigned first. Any guards not deployed will then be assigned to prisoner intake or movement (to cells or punishment); and finally any remaining guards will wander into the security office and use the CCTV monitor. That is assuming they are also rested and not injured otherwise they will go to a staff room or infirmary. To ensure coverage check that you have enough guards to cover all other prison needs and resting periods so that extra guards will wander in and monitor the cameras.
- High Power Connection (Directly wired to the electric in the utility menu)
- The Monitor must be connected to the cameras (in the utility menu)
- A guard must be at the monitor for it to work
- The security office must be functional (meets requirements with desk, etc)
- Can only be monitored by regular guards; will not be used by armed guards or dog handlers
- Connections must be made from the CCTV monitor out to the CCTV camera and will not work in the other direction (from camera in to monitor)